So, this week has been pretty great. Our Mystery Monday was a little different this week. We listened to a Dietitian talk about proper eating habits and things like that. If know know me, or anything about me, you will know this is not in my interest AT ALL, but it was good for me to hear and be convicted. After the talk, I went and got some healthy food, but if were being honest, I have yet to each much of anything.
Tuesday was a difficult day, but also beneficial. Marvin Daniels was our speaker and he has been the best speaker to date! Well, besides Donyes of course. One of my favorite things he said was, “Christianity is a process, not a point.” This really his home with me. Christianity is not a one time thing where you accept Christ, and then forget about the process after. After talking for an hour or so, we did an exercise. He asked all of us to stand up and go to the middle of the chapel. Marvin said, “If you agree that the type of music that you listen to doesn’t affect you then go over to this side, but if you disagree, go to the other side.” We went our separate ways and then we argued. I am so stubborn that I refused to see the other point of view. I actually ended up changing my mind halfway through the argument, which really hurt my pride. I learned that I can not always get mad at people for not agreeing with me. The rest of the session included Marvin asking more questions and then us arguing over them some more.
Around comes my favorite day of the week. Wednesday. Marvin Daniels spoke again and this time we talked about living above the influence. One of my favorite quotes he gave us was by Blaine Lee that read: “The principles you live by create the world you live in; if you change the principles you live by, you will change your world.”
Woah. Powerful stuff! The rest of his talk, we split up into groups and watched short clips of videos and then got asked a pretty deep question that we had to discuss with our group. The hardest question for me was: What if you received a letter from hell from one of your friends that you never shared the gospel to and he was asking you why you loved such a wonderful god and never shared it with him? This scared the daylights out of me! How in the world could I live with myself passing up these opportunities daily?! Really powerful stuff. Wednesday night rolled around and that means The Fort! Woohoo my favorite. Adam Martin preached on Proverbs 7. My favorite thing I learned from this was: Are you being a Proverbs 7 or a Proverbs 31 woman? A 7 woman makes men stumble. A 31 woman builds men up. A 7 woman is cheap and a 31 woman is precious. This chapter gave us girls the example on how NOT to be.
This week concluded on Thursday morning with Keith Chancey talking to us about Genesis 1-3 and how awesome or God is. My mind was blown this morning. The very first verse in the Bible is, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Everyone knows that, right? Since when have you noticed that it says heavens not heaven. It is plural. Oh my, what does this even mean? This is talking about God’s vastness and His domain. This really got my mind going. The rest of our talk basically included Keith walking through the first three chapters of the Bible with us, which was great. He was such an awesome speaker and I learned a lot from him.
Well, this is basically my week in a nutshell! Please be praying for me as I got to Kansas City next week for mission work. It is going to be such a great week, but definitely needs to be prayed over! Thanks a lot! <3
The Fort: Adam Martin
Family Dinner: Intern House
No comments:
Post a Comment